Peppermint | Pure Essential Oil | *2 for $25*
This oil is part of our 2 for $25 Collection. Buy any two oils in this collection and apply the code 2for25 upon checkout.
Description: Considered one of the most classic, widely-used, and therapeutic essential oils of all time, Peppermint has been utilized for centuries to treat a plethora of concerns. With a sharp and penetrating scent that is intensely fresh and minty, Peppermint's unmistakable aroma is familiar and pleasant to most. The variety we carry is commonly known as Corn Mint or Japanese Peppermint. It is a top note with a strong aroma.
Benefits & Uses:
- invigorating and revitalizing to the senses, use Peppermint to promote energy and alertness, like when driving or studying
- thanks to its cooling properties, Peppermint can be used in mists or sprays (well diluted) to cool the skin, or added to massage blends to provide relief from headaches or muscle tension
- when safely diluted, Peppermint can be sniffed or massaged into the abdomen for aiding upset stomachs or other digestive complaints
- makes the perfect addition to a foot bath to soak tired feet
- with a wonderfully refreshing aroma, Peppermint is energizing and invigorating to the senses, making it a perfect addition to an aromatherapy inhaler when a boost of uplifting energy is needed
Featured In: Peppermint is featured in some of our best sellers for easing muscle tension and pain like our Epione's Release Tension Roller, Liger Balm, and Fathom's Below Bath Salts. It is also featured in our wonderfully cooling body mist, Goddess on Fire. We also add some Peppermint Oil to Frosted Kiss Lip Balm and our Lip Tint Collection. And finally, it makes an appearance in some of our Essential Oil Blends, including Deep Breath and Christmas Candy.
Botanical Name: Menth arvensis
Country of Origin: India
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Key Constituents: Menthol (38%)
Blends Well With:
- Trees like Eucalyptus, Cajeput, Cypress, Frankincense, Myrtle & Niaouli
- Floral aromas like Geranium, Lavender and Ylang Ylang
- Herbs like Basil, Black Pepper, Citronella, Coriander & Ginger, Marjoram, Spearmint, Peppermint, Rosemary & Thyme
- Other Citrus oils such as Bergamot, Clementine, Grapefruit, Key Lime, Lemon, Persian Lime & Tangerine
Specific Cautions: Some aromatherapists feel that Peppermint should not be used on children (to inhale or use topically) until 6 years of age. Although Peppermint is safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, it can, in some cases, diminish milk supply.
Maximum Topical Usage: To avoid adverse skin reactions, it is recommended to dilute Peppermint to a maximum of 5% for topical applications.
General Cautions and Disclaimers:
- We do not advise or support the internal use of Essential Oils unless you are specifically working with a Medical Doctor and Clinical Aromatherapist.
- We do not recommend using Essential Oils on infants under the age of 6 months old. Between the ages of 6 months and 2 years, we advise limited use under the supervision of a physician.
- Please educate yourself on the safety risks of every Essential Oil you use. Never use an Essential Oil undiluted on the skin. Follow the topical max recommendations to avoid reactions. Discontinue use if irritation or skin sensitivity occurs. Do not use on broken skin or abrasions.
- Although Peppermint is considered a safe oil to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, consult your physician if you have any concerns.
- Keep out of reach of children. Store oils safely and out of direct sunlight.
- These statements have not been evaluated by any governing body and this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 mL