Niaouli | Pure Essential Oil | *2 for $25*
This oil is part of our 2 for $25 Collection. Buy any two oils in this collection and apply the code 2for25 upon checkout.
Description: Niaouli is a large evergreen tree that originates in Australia. Being in the Melaleuca family, it is related to Tea Tree and features many of the same benefits. Niaouli has a camphoraceous, eucalyptus-like aroma that is medicinal, fresh, and earthy, while also a little musty. It is a middle note of medium-strength aroma.
Benefits & Uses:
- Niaouli makes a fantastic choice for respiratory support, similar to Eucalyptus
- as a close cousin to Tea Tree, it can be successfully employed for similar concerns like blemishes, minor scrapes/burns/rashes, etc (although it should always be diluted properly)
- makes a lovely addition to help support joints and muscles
- for seasonal threats like pollen or illness, Niaouli makes a good choice for your diffuser, or for a more convenient to-go option, try it in an aromatherapy inhaler
Botanical Name: Melaleuca quinquenervia
Country of Origin: Madagascar
Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
Plant Part: Leaves & Twigs
Key Constituents: 1,8-Cineole (42%), α-Pinene (12.0%)
Blends Well With:
- Trees like Cajeput, Cedarwood, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Pine & Tea Tree
- Floral aromas like Lavender & Ylang Ylang
- Herbs like Basil, Fennel, Spearmint, Peppermint, Rosemary & Thyme
- Other Citrus oils such as Bergamot, Blood Orange, Clementine, Grapefruit, Key Lime, Lemon, Persian Lime & Tangerine
Specific Cautions: As with other oils rich in 1,8-Cineole, Niaouli should not be applied to or near the face of infants and young children. Some aromatherapists recommend avoiding essential oils high in 1,8-Cineole until the age of 10 years.
Maximum Topical Usage: Although there is no topical maximum for Niaouli, we recommend diluting it to 2-5% in a carrier oil to avoid any adverse reactions.
General Cautions and Disclaimers:
- We do not advise or support the internal use of Essential Oils unless you are specifically working with a Medical Doctor and Clinical Aromatherapist.
- We do not recommend using Essential Oils on infants under the age of 6 months old. Between the ages of 6 months and 2 years, we advise limited use under the supervision of a physician.
- Please educate yourself on the safety risks of every Essential Oil you use. Never use an Essential Oil undiluted on the skin. Follow the topical max recommendations to avoid reactions. Discontinue use if irritation or skin sensitivity occurs. Do not use on broken skin or abrasions.
- Although Niaouli is considered a safe oil to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, consult your physician if you have any concerns.
- Keep out of reach of children. Store oils safely and out of direct sunlight.
- These statements have not been evaluated by any governing body and this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 mL