May Chang Pure Essential Oil (2 For $25)
This oil is part of our 2 for $25 Collection. Buy any two oils in this collection and apply the code 2for25 upon checkout.
Description: May Chang is a tropical plant with leaves that smell bright and lemony. The essential oil, however, is steam distilled from the fruits that the plant produces. The sharp and complex lemony aroma of May Chang has fruity and spicy undertones, and is uplifting and energizing. Possessing "euphoric" properties, it has been shown in clinical trials to calm anxiety and promote mental wellness. It is a top note with a strong aroma.
Benefits & Uses:
- its bright and lemony aroma is uplifting and has a positive impact on mood and mental wellbeing
- widely used in skincare formulas for its usefulness in dealing with acne prone or oily skin types
- can assist digestive complaints
- its ability to promote circulation makes it a good choice for muscular aches and pain, or for post-workout massage blends
- with a wonderfully refreshing aroma, May Chang is energizing and invigorating to the senses, making it a perfect addition to an aromatherapy inhaler when a boost of positive energy is needed
Featured In: With its strong and bright lemony aroma, the scent of May Chang holds up well in cold process soap. For this reason, you'll find it featured in our natural and organic soap collection in both our beautiful Swirly Soap and Beer Soap!
Botanical Name: Litsea cubeba
Country of Origin: China
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Fruit
Key Constituents: Citral (68%)
Blends Well With:
- Trees like Rosewood & Frankincense
- Floral aromas like Geranium, Jasmine, Rose & Lavender
- Herbs like Citronella, Marjoram & Rosemary
- Spices like Clove & Black Pepper
- Other Citrus oils such as Bergamot, Clementine, Grapefruit, Key Lime, Lemon, Persian Lime, Sweet Orange & Tangerine
Specific Cautions: May Chang has a variety of concerns and may interact with certain drugs. May Chang is safe for all ages to inhale, but should only be used topically on children ages 2 years and up when properly diluted. It is not advised to add it to bath water due to it having a higher chance of causing skin sensitivity. Do not use May Chang when pregnant or breastfeeding, or around pets.
Maximum Topical Usage: To avoid irritation, sensitization, or other adverse reactions, dilute to 0.8% when using topically.
General Cautions and Disclaimers:
- We do not advise or support the internal use of Essential Oils unless you are specifically working with a Medical Doctor and Clinical Aromatherapist.
- We do not recommend using Essential Oils on infants under the age of 6 months old. Between the ages of 6 months and 2 years, we advise limited use under the supervision of a physician.
- Please educate yourself on the safety risks of every Essential Oil you use. Never use an Essential Oil undiluted on the skin. Follow the topical max recommendations to avoid reactions. Discontinue use if irritation or skin sensitivity occurs. Do not use on broken skin or abrasions.
- Keep out of reach of children. Store oils safely and out of direct sunlight.
- These statements have not been evaluated by any governing body and this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 mL