Cajeput Essential Oil (2 for $25)
This oil is part of our 2 for $25 Collection. Buy any two oils in this collection and apply the code 2for25 upon checkout.
Description: Cajeput is in the Melaleuca family - related to oils like Tea Tree and Rosalina - and therefore is used in much of the same ways. It has a classically fresh and herbaceous aroma with sweet and fruity undertones. Its aroma is said to resemble the combination of rosemary, cardamom, and camphor. It is a middle note of medium strength.
Benefits & Uses:
- With its menthol-like aroma, one breath of Cajeput can enliven the senses and help combat drowsy spells. Use it to clear and focus the mind, and improve concentration. Try it in one of our aromatherapy inhalers for an afternoon pick-me-up at work or school.
- Due to the presence of 1,8-Cineole, Cajeput makes a fantastic ally for seasonal respiratory woes. It can support healthy lungs and airways, and clear congestion, acting similarly to Eucalyptus. For this reason, it is not recommended for children under the age of 10 years because 1,8-Cineole has the potential to cause laboured breathing in immature respiratory systems. We recommend Rosalina as a safe substitute for children under 10 years.
- Similarly to its cousin Tea Tree, the presence of Limonene in Cajeput makes it a wonderful addition to diffuser blends or DIY formulas in the fight against unwanted bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Often combined with Mints, as in our best selling muscle and joint remedy Liger Balm, Cajeput helps to alleviate sore muscles and joints, minor pain, inflammation, and muscle spasms. It can be used to relieve cramping during menstruation when diluted and rubbed into the affected area.
- Like its cousin Tea Tree, Cajeput can be used to soothe pesky bug bites.
- Can be used for skin eruptions on the lips.
Product Highlight: Cajeput is one of the key essential oils in our bestselling Liger Balm for muscles and joints.
Botanical Name: Melaleuca cajuputi
Country of Origin: Indonesia
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves and Twigs
Key Constituents: 1,8-Cineole (52%), Limonene, Alpha-Pinene, Beta-Caryophyllene
Blends Well With:
- Florals like Lavender, Clary Sage, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, and Neroli.
- Spices like Nutmeg, Clove, or Cinnamon.
- Other oils high in cineole, like Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Oregano, Thyme, Peppermint, and Spearmint.
Specific Cautions: Not to be inhaled or used topically on children under the age of 10 years.
General Cautions and Disclaimers:
- We do not advise or support the internal use of Essential Oils unless you are specifically working with a Medical Doctor and Clinical Aromatherapist.
- We do not recommend using Essential Oils on infants under the age of 6 months old. Between the ages of 6 months and 2 years, we advise limited use under the supervision of a physician.
- Please educate yourself on the safety risks of every Essential Oil you use. Never use an Essential Oil undiluted on the skin. It is wise to perform a patch test to determine if an oil is right for you. Follow the topical max recommendations to avoid reactions. Discontinue use if irritation or skin sensitivity occurs. Do not use on broken skin or abrasions.
- Cajeput is considered safe to use during pregnancy. It is also safe during breastfeeding if you apply topically or use a personal inhaler so as to not directly expose your baby (as in a diffuser). Consult your physician if you have any concerns.
- Keep out of reach of children. Store oils safely and out of direct sunlight.
- These statements have not been evaluated by any governing body and this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 mL