Spearmint Pure Essential Oil (2 For $25)
This oil is part of our 2 for $25 Collection. Buy any two oils in this collection and apply the code 2for25 upon checkout.
Description: The sweet, refreshing aroma of Spearmint has been widely used for centuries to ease digestive complaints and is a staple in many food, gum, and candy preparations. Containing significantly less menthol than other Mints, Spearmint is considered a safer choice for young children thanks to its milder nature. It is a top note with a medium aroma.
Benefits & Uses:
- Spearmint is an uplifting oil that can improve concentration and reduce mental agitation
- similar to other Mints, it can assist in dissolving head or neck tension
- when safely diluted, Spearmint can be massaged into the abdomen for aiding upset stomachs or other digestive complaints like bloating
- with a wonderfully refreshing aroma, Spearmint is energizing and invigorating to the senses, making it a perfect addition to an aromatherapy inhaler when a boost of uplifting energy is needed
Featured In: Spearmint is featured in our Invigorated Goddess Essential Oil Blend. It's like a minty fresh walk through a forest!
Botanical Name: Menth spicata
Country of Origin: India
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves & Stems
Key Constituents: Carvone (65%) and Limonene (20%)
Blends Well With:
- Trees like Eucalyptus, Cajeput, Cypress, Frankincense, Myrtle & Niaouli
- Floral aromas like Geranium, Lavender and Ylang Ylang
- Herbs like Basil, Dill, Fennel, Peppermint, Rosemary & Wintergreen
- Other Citrus oils such as Bergamot, Clementine, Grapefruit, Key Lime, Lemon, Persian Lime & Tangerine
Specific Cautions: None Known, but to avoid possible skin reaction, dilute properly.
Maximum Topical Usage: To avoid adverse skin reactions, it is recommended to dilute Spearmint to a maximum of 1.7% for topical applications.
General Cautions and Disclaimers:
- We do not advise or support the internal use of Essential Oils unless you are specifically working with a Medical Doctor and Clinical Aromatherapist.
- We do not recommend using Essential Oils on infants under the age of 6 months old. Between the ages of 6 months and 2 years, we advise limited use under the supervision of a physician.
- Please educate yourself on the safety risks of every Essential Oil you use. Never use an Essential Oil undiluted on the skin. Follow the topical max recommendations to avoid reactions. Discontinue use if irritation or skin sensitivity occurs. Do not use on broken skin or abrasions.
- Although Spearmint is considered a safe oil to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, consult your physician if you have any concerns.
- Keep out of reach of children. Store oils safely and out of direct sunlight.
- These statements have not been evaluated by any governing body and this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 mL