Frankincense | Pure Essential Oil (2 For $25)
This oil is part of our 2 for $25 Collection. Buy any two oils in this collection and apply the code 2for25 upon checkout.
Description: Frankincense is renowned world-wide for its incredible health benefits, and is often referred to as the "King of Oils". The aroma is described as resinous and earthy while also being slightly sweet, fruity, warm, woody, balsamic, and spicy. Traditionally used for thousands of year as incense in spiritual or religious ceremonies, in perfumery, cosmetics, and as medicine. Frankincense has been highly prized and traded for 5,000 years and is a must-have oil in your collection! It is a base note with a medium aroma.
Benefits & Uses:
- highly prized as a meditative and mind-clearing oil for spiritual or religious practices
- often employed to spiritually ground, calm, and relax
- widely used in natural skincare for its healing benefits towards scars, stretchmarks, etc
- can be useful as an expectorant, loosening phlegm and promoting healthy airways
- can support aching muscles and promote healthy circulation, making it a popular choice in massage blends
Featured In: As Frankincense is renowned for its skin-healing benefits, we have included it in our rejuvenating First Grace Face Elixir for dry and mature skin types.
Botanical Name: Boswellia serrata
Country of Origin: India
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Resin
Blends Well With:
- Other trees like Cajeput, Cedarwood, Cypress, Myrtle, Frankincense & Tea Tree
- Herbaceous plants such as Basil, Cardamom, Chamomile, Cinnamon & Coriander
- Florals such as Clary Sage, Geranium & Lavender, Rose, Sandalwood & Ylang Ylang
- Citrus oils such as Bergamot, Blood Orange, Clementine, Grapefruit, Key Lime, Lemon, Mandarin, Persian Lime & Sweet Orange
Specific Cautions: None Known.
Maximum Topical Usage: There is no topical maximum for Frankincense, but we do recommend diluting it to 2-4% to prevent any adverse skin reactions.
General Cautions and Disclaimers:
- We do not advise or support the internal use of Essential Oils unless you are specifically working with a Medical Doctor and Clinical Aromatherapist.
- We do not recommend using Essential Oils on infants under the age of 6 months old. Between the ages of 6 months and 2 years, we advise limited use under the supervision of a physician.
- Please educate yourself on the safety risks of every Essential Oil you use. Never use an Essential Oil undiluted on the skin. Follow the topical max recommendations to avoid reactions. Discontinue use if irritation or skin sensitivity occurs. Do not use on broken skin or abrasions.
- Although Frankincense is considered a safe oil to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, consult your physician if you have any concerns.
- Keep out of reach of children. Store oils safely and out of direct sunlight.
- These statements have not been evaluated by any governing body and this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Size: 15 mL